We have a brand new feature within the fantasy assistant that allows you to easily research the entire league for possible trades. This is a highly requested feature from our users and I am very excited to finally bring it to you.
Not only can you research with this tool, but trades are actually suggested as well. However, keep in mind that this is a beta feature and needs some fine tuning.
An in- depth blog post has been written describing the Trade Research Center in detail and how it works.
Over the past couple of months I’ve added a lot of new features to FantasySP. More features means more overhead and the chance that the site can slow down. The site is meant to be fast and I want to ensure that it stays that way.
Needless to say, it finally got to a point where I felt the site was noticeably slower and needed to be fixed. In the past week I put new feature development on hold while I addressed optimization and speed issues.
The good news is that there have been numerous improvements to the core infrastructure of the site. The Fantasy Assistant and page loads in general will be much faster now. Many things behind the scenes have been improved upon that will ensure the site stays fast as it continues to grow in popularity.
Hope you all enjoy the faster site!
The new season of fantasy baseball is here and there has been a huge influx of new users and plenty of bugs to squash these past two weeks. I have been feverishly working to improve multiple aspects of the site to handle the additional users and additional features.
Many of you have emailed me to provide feedback about bugs and features that you would like improved. I am reading ALL of it and have been implementing many of your suggestions.
What you see below is just a small list of improvements that have been completed since the start of April:
- Start/Sit tool, various accuracy fixes for scheduled matchups.
- Start/Sit tool, user can now specify the start of his fantasy week: Sun-Mon or Sun-Sat.
- Accuracy fix for player stats to compare this years stats to last years stats. Previously the average and on base percentages were slightly off.
- Fantasy Assistant & Trade Analyzer, refreshed design for the player popup windows. It is now cleaner, brighter, and easier to read with red buttons for navigation.
- Fantasy Assistant, there have been numerous improvements to ratings and analysis for players. Waiver wire suggestions have undergone many updates to further increase their accuracy. Most notable have been category based waiver wire suggestions. If you were unimpressed before, then I highly suggest taking another look at the revised suggestions.
- CBS App Updates & League Updates, There have been a LOT of new users who bought CBS apps and synced new fantasy leagues to the FantasySP website. I spent the past week refining the update process in order to handle the additional workload. The update process is finally up to speed and everyone’s leagues should be updating on time and consistently from this point on. Sorry!
- Various behind the scenes optimizations have been done so things load faster. Things like the fantasy assistant and Start/Sit tools load a lot faster.
- Progress has been made with trade suggestions, but it is still not ready for prime time. Stay tuned for the official release later this month.
Many of you are about to enter the playoffs in your NBA fantasy leagues. I wanted to make sure you had the best experience possible come playoff time with the fantasy assistant. A new category has been added: “Free Throw Percentage”. All other category based waiver wire suggestions for the NBA have improved accuracy.
Best of luck in the playoffs! And please do join a fantasy baseball league this summer!
A major update hit the fantasy assistant today. It involves position based analysis for ALL sports. I devoted a full blog post detailing what this means and what the future holds.